The hubs was craving for Italian food, so I made him some bolognesa spaghetti and he was delighted. This recipe is very easy to make, because you won’t make the sauce from scratch, but still will have a very natural taste. And other natural ingredients. I hope you enjoy it!
- 1 lb ground Sirloin beef
- 1-26.5 oz can or bottle of traditional tomato sauce
- 1/4 onion, chopped
- 8 oz spaghetti, cooked
- 1 tsp jarred garlic or 1 garlic clove finely chopped
- basil leaves, if you have fresh, it’s better, if you don’t use dried
- 1/2 tsp olive oil + more for drizzle on spaghetti
- 1/2 tbsp butter for each serving
- Grated Parmesan, optional
Cook spaghetti according to package instructions. Place raw spaghetti in boiling water for 11 minutes. Let it sit 2 extra minutes and drain. Drizzle olive oil on top so it won’t stick. Heat olive oil and fry onion.
Add the 1 tsp jarred garlic.
Add ground beef.
Stir until fully cooked. Don’t drain.
Add tomato sauce.
Stir and let it simmer, add basil. If using fresh, chopped. And stir. Let it simmer for 5 minutes and remove from heat.
For serving, place some spaghetti.
Top with bolognese.
Sprinkle a little Parmesan on top.