So, I decided to make this casserole, pretty big for two, like the hubs say “it looks like you want to feed 30 hungry people”, but it’s yum! And the best thing of all, it’s not greasy, it has a lot of veggies, and they will cook in chicken broth, natural chicken broth.
- 5 chicken tights, no skin, bone-in
- 2 chicken legs, no skin, bone-in
- 2 chicken breasts, cut in half, no skin, bone-in
- 1 cup green beans
- 1 tomato, cut in chunks
- 3 small zuccinis, cut in chunks
- 6-8 scallions or spring onions, no tail, just white part cut in half (you can use regular onion chunnks too)
- 1 squash, cut in chunks
- 1 carrot, in chunks or slices or 1/2 cup baby carrots
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 4 celery sticks, cut in chunks
- 6 garlic cloves, cut in half
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- kosher salt flakes
- freshly ground pepper
- red pepper flakes to taste
- 3 fresh oregano springs
- 2 fresh rosemary springs
Wow!! A lot of ingredients… Now I know why the hubs thinks I’m gonna feed 30 people! LOL
Ok, so preheat your oven to 450°F (230°C). Now, in a roasting dish, place the chicken in the bottom and sprinkle with kosher salt flakes and pepper. Drizzle 1 tbsp olive oil over the chicken and cover with green beans.
Add zuccini and onions.
Add garlic cloves, broccoli, carrot, cauliflower and sprinkle some red pepper flakes.
Top with spinach leaves (They will crisp, but that problem will be solved later).
Bake for 1 hour. When it’s been there for 40 minutes, place the chicken on top and the veggies on the broth. The spinach leaves will get softer, trust me. Now bake for 20 more minutes.
After 1 hour, remove from heat and enjoy!
Serve yourself a chicken breast with veggies.
And a little broth.