I love potatoes. I don’t mind eating them fried, broiled, grilled… I just love them!! And now, I’m going to share with you my very own mashed potatoes recipe.
- 2 teaspoons EVOO or vegetable oil
- 2 medium potatoes
- 1/4 cup cream (I used Lyncott, but you can use sour cream)
- 1/4 cup milk (I use 2% fat, you can use whole)
- 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese (or grated Parmesan cheese)
- 1/2 salted butter stick
- salt & pepper to taste
When they are cooked, drain water from potatoes and let them cool for little while.
In the meanwhile, place the EVOO in a pot and add the butter until it melts.
Add the potato pieces to the pot and use a potato masher to mash potatoes until well mashed.
- I usually leave the potato skin because I like how it tastes and I think is healthier. You can peel it if you want, after boiling them (when cooling them).
- You can add 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder to give it a garlic taste, and 1/2 teaspoon of fine herbs.
- You can top it with bacon bits.